Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Twice is Still Nice

When I was in high school, before I went clothes shopping, my mom asked me if I wanted a few really nice things or a lot of cheaper things.  To be honest, my immediate reaction was, "I want a lot of really nice things."  If asked that same question today, I think that would still be my answer but now most of the clothing I buy is for my girls.  At the same time, as a stay at home mom, I have to be passionate about finding ways to save money.  So how do I reconcile having a closet full of really nice clothes for my girls while at the same time saving money:  I shop seasonal consignment sales.


Believe it or not, the Spring and Summer consignment sales begin in February, which means it's time to start looking for the sales in your area and deciding which ones you might want to shop.  It also means that it's already time to sign up as a consignor or volunteer, and if you do sign up to consign then it's time to start looking through your kids' toys, clothes, and gear and figuring out what you are ready to pass along to someone else.  


If you've been following this blog then you may have seen my previous posts on why I love consignment sales so much, but I thought it was worth repeating my TOP THREE reasons


1) THEY'RE CHARITABLE! The majority benefit churches, schools, or other non-profit organizations. Even the sales run by individuals often donate at least a portion of their proceeds to a chosen charity.


2) THEY'RE GREEN! Consignment sales are a great way to recycle perfectly good used clothing.

3) THEY'RE CHEAP! Clothing (and toys for that matter) are generally priced 50% or more below the original retail price. I have gotten so used to consingment sale prices on clothes that these days I can even get sticker shock from the prices on clothing at Target and Walmart.

I'm planning to do a series of posts to help you prepare for consignment sale shopping.  Check back often or Subscribe to This Crazy Amazing Life by Email so you don't miss an update.

==============================
==============================
Live in the Greater Nashville Area?  Check out Julie King's website Consigning Time for great information and a calendar of all the seasonal sales in the area.

If you live outside the Nashville Area, to find sales in your area, check out the the Kids Consignment Sales website.  Click on "Seasonal Sales" in the menu on your left and then choose your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment