Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Join the National Consumer Panel




Have you ever heard of the National Consumer Panel?  It is the new name for the Nielsen Homescan Consumer Panel.  Well, a few months ago, I found out about it through a post on Faithful Provisions.  I wanted to check it out, so I went to the website.  I found out that they were looking for panel members in my zip code, and I immediately signed up.  I was put on a waiting list as I waited for a FREE scanner to become available, but that only took about a month.

Now that I am a member of the panel I am responsible for tracking my purchases each time I go shopping.  It's really easy.  I just keep my scanner in the kitchen, so I can scan items right when I get home.  After each shopping trip I just scan the barcodes of the items, enter any coupons I used, and the total amount I spent.  Then once a week, I transmit my data to the NCP.

But you may be wondering why I would take the time to scan all my purchases.  Time is definitely a precious commodity, and scanning does add a little extra time to getting everything put away.  Well, the answer is simple.  NCP rewards you for your participation.  Each time you transmit your purchases and each time you complete an online survey, you are rewarded with points.  These points can be used to get all sorts of gifts from the Homescan gift catalog.  Gift points values range from 9,000 for a wallet to 315,000 for an XBOX 360.  Most of the gift options fall somewhere in between.  In just about 3 months I have already accrued more than 5,000 points, and the longer you are a member the more points you get for participation.

If you think you would the National Consumer Panel sounds like something you would like to participate in then check out the website.  Don't get discouraged if you get waitlisted for a little while.  It doesn't take long.  Also, don't get discouraged if your zip code doesn't qualify this time around.  Keep checking back, because they may need another person in your area soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment