Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Meal Time Madness

After about a month and a half of not taking the time to plan out my meals, I am jumping back on the meal-plan bandwagon.  While I have been meal planning since sophomore year of college, I usually quit for month here or there only to find myself stressed out and eating left-over sugar cookies on the run instead of sitting down to eat a healthy meal.  At the same time, we have A LOT of stuff in the freezer.  I still haven't been successful at the one day freeze-a-rama, but I have found a few hours here or there to make things and freeze.  This week we will be primarily eating meals from the freezer accompanied by some fresh produce.  As always, I am only planning 5 dinners, because for some reason something always comes up or we have left-overs one or two nights instead of cooking.

Breakfasts:
Cereal
Granola Bars
Fresh Fruit

Lunches:
BLT's
Soup
Cheese and Crackers
Salad
Fresh Fruit

Dinners:
Empanadas (from freezer)
Lasagna Rolls (from freezer)
Bratwurst, Egg Noodles, & Broccoli
Chipotle Chicken Rolls
Honey Nut Chicken Sticks

I will also be making a Maple Streusel Coffee Cake for the teachers at my daughter's school.

What's your plan for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment