Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Finding Joy in the Midst of Crazy

The past 2 weeks have been completely overwhelming. Between my primary job as full-time mom and my part-time job as a mentor for student teachers, I have dealt with emotional ups and downs from the passing of two great men (my grandfather and the director of summer camp I attended) who each had a profound impact on my life. My husband also traveled to Texas and back, and he and both girls are not feeling 100% right now. We also had a big (for Tennessee) snow storm over the weekend. Schools have been closed since last Friday and are already called off for tomorrow (Tuesday) which is making it difficult for me to fulfill the requirements of my new part-time job.

At the same time, I am still trying to settle into a routine with this new job. I am feeling like I am somewhat at the beck and call of the student teachers that I am mentoring. I had hoped to work out a routine for observing and conferencing with them, but so far this hasn't happened. I am the first to admit that I don't do well without a routine. I'm not really a strict schedule person, but I like to have a general plan for each day of the week. Before I began this job this Monday would have looked pretty similar to last Monday, etc.

Now that I am trying to fit my job requirements into my weekly routine, I am finding it difficult to keep up with all my regular wife and mommy responsibilities. Today I found myself frustrated while trying to meal plan for the week and make my grocery list, something I typically do over the weekend. Normally, I grocery shop on Mondays, but I am now just hoping to fit that in to Tuesday.

This week is just as busy as (if not busier than) last week. All day today I have felt a good deal of stress about all that needs to get done, but my goal for this week is to find joy in midst of the crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment