Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pantry Challenge -- Week 3 Check-in

At this point I'm not really sure that I can really say that I am still doing the pantry challenge. I am planning my meals from what we have in the pantry, but, between Harris Teeter Super Doubles and the upcoming Mix & Match specials at Kroger, I have had a really hard time passing up the great deals that have been available at the grocery stores this month. I have been planning all of my meals from the freezer and pantry, but I have definitely found myself replenishing the pantry with the deals that I am finding. I am just not sure that I have been at this long enough to pass up the deals.

This week past week we spent $88 on groceries. Part of the money spent this week went to the purchase of soup for my husband. He eats a can of Chicken Gumbo or Chicken and Sausage Progresso soup each day for lunch, so when Publix has Progresso soup on a BOGO sale and I have 10 Progresso coupons, we can't pass up that deal.

Below is our menu plan for this week.

WEEK FOUR

Chicken Fajitas with Saffron Rice

Crock Pot Pot Roast

Spicy Pan-Grilled Pork Chops with Egg Noodles and Broccoli

Cranberry Glazed Chicken with Cornbread and Salad

Throughout the month of January, I have been able to cut our grocery spending down by about $200. This morning sitting in church I felt very called to take at least a portion that savings and use it towards the Haitian Earthquake relief effort. That will be one of my projects this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment