Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Candy Cane Bath Salts Follow-up



So as promised in my very first post on this blog, I wanted to share with you the finished Candy Cane Bath Salts gift-jars.
My oldest daughter (who is only 2 1/2 years old) and I had so much fun making these for her teachers and as hostess gifts for friends having get-togethers this season.

I used my stand mixer fitted with the paddle to mix the two kinds of salt together along with the glycerin and peppermint essential oil (and red food coloring for 1/2 the mixture). Then, I helped my daughter fill the 16oz wide-mouthed canning jars that we bought using a funnel and a 1/4 cup measuring cup alternating between the white and the red.

Making SIMPLE, homemade, inexpensive gifts together as family is just one way I have found to alleviate stress and find joy this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment