Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

It seems like every time I write this post I start with "We've got another busy week this week."  I guess the question is when we ever won't have a crazy week.  This week, however, we have enough things going on in the evening that I have finally broken down and written assigned each meal to a specific day of the week.  If you've been following these posts you probably know that I always plan for about 5 meals for the week, and then I just figure it out each night.  I think planning this way, may help me stay better on top of things like remembering to thaw chicken ahead of time.



Here is my plan for this week --


Monday – Spaghetti with Roasted Chicken and Marinara (Host my friends for a "girls night in")
Tuesday – Lemon Roasted Chicken
Wednesday – Single-Serve Spinach Quiche (After we get home from serving at our church that night for Room in the Inn)
Thursday – Take-Out (Soccer Practice runs from 5:30-6:30)
Friday – Vegetarian Fajitas/Quesadillas (Keeping Fridays Vegetarian for Lent)
Saturday – Birthday Party (We are celebrating my nephew's 3rd Birthday Party)
Sunday – Beef Empanadas with corn, black bean, and tomato salad

I’m also planning to make some homemade peanut butter granola bars with my girls.  I am looking for a healthy on-the-go snack for them, and it’s really hard to find something that’s not full of high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, and preservatives.  I am excited to try these out, and I’ll let you know how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment