Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho!...

It's back to work I go!

Since my first child was born in June of 2007, I have been exceptionally fortunate to have the opportunity to stay home and raise my girls. When my older daughter was almost 7 months old, I did go back to work part-time (4 afternoons a week) as an after-school reading tutor for low-income children in Kindergarten-3rd grade. Because my second child was due right at the beginning of this school year, I knew I would not be able to continue with that.

On Monday I am heading back to work part-time. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but I also appreciate the opportunity to put all that education to good use as well as contribute to my family's bottom line. I also know that I am a better and happier mom when I have the opportunity to do something for myself (and yes working is something I would consider doing for myself). I am super excited about this job opportunity that basically fell into my lap thanks to a great friend, but at the same time, I am a little nervous about working outside of the house and away from the girls one or two days a week.

Since making the jump from one to two kids, I think I have gotten to a point in our house of managing controlled chaos. We've developed pretty good daily and weekly routines that seem to be working, but all of that is about to get thrown a little off kilter.

There is no way I would be able to work at all without the support of some amazing family members who are willing to watch my girls when I am working.

How do you manage full-time parenthood with part-time commitments (job, volunteer activities, etc.)?


Each day is (and will continue to be) a daily search to find ways to alleviate stress and discover joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment