Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Meal Time Madness

Without realizing it, last week's meals came completely from my pantry. About halfway through the week I was very thankful that I already had all the ingredients for the meals I was making because both girls have been sick, and I did not have the opportunity to make it to the grocery store.

My girls still are not 100%, so I still haven't made my grocery run for the week. Thankfully a few of the meals this week are actually pantry meals too.

Breakfasts
Cereal
Eggs and Toast
Yogurt with Wheat Germ

Lunches
Soup
Leftovers

Snacks
Grapes
Bananas
Cheese

Dinners
Sweet and Sour Sesame Chicken
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Orzo and Broccoli
Pan Grilled Chicken with Steamed Veggies and Pasta
Chipotle Chicken Rolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce
Pizza Night -- Blackened Chicken Pizza & Mexican Supreme Pizza

The last 3 recipes on the list (Chipotle Chicken Rolls and both Pizza Recipes) are all from various Rachael Ray cookbooks. I like her recipes a lot because they leave a lot of room for creativity. I often change up the spices and/or ingredients a little bit. The blackened chicken pizza recipe is a favorite in our house, but I don't think I've made it the same way twice.

How is meal planning going for you? Are you able to stick to your plan? What do you have planned for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a delicious menu...wouldn't know you were still cooking from the pantry! Yum!

    ReplyDelete