Would you like to take this journey with me? Subscribe by email to join me on my path to finding joy in the midst of this Crazy Amazing Life.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baking Day 2009


So I know I said that I would be packaging up cookies that I collected at the Cookie Exchange Party to pass along to neighbors, but it turns out my family and I sampled a few too many, and there weren't enough left make really nice gifts from.

Thankfully, my sisters-in-law and I took a cue from my mother-in-law and her sister. For the past several years we have gotten together one Saturday in December for what can only be described as a baking marathon. Just to give you an idea, here's the list of everything we made:

Capuccino Truffles
Oreo Truffles
Peppermint Bark
Kourembiedes (Greek Snowball Cookies)
Orange-Cranberry Slices
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Almond Spritz
Browned Butter Spritz
Nutty Orange-Chocolate Holiday Logs
Mint Chocolate Delights
Monster Cookies

This year we all seemed to hit the same snag at least once during the day: each one of us burned something. Perhaps the lesson there is the classic "haste makes waste." We were so busy trying to get everything completed, that we weren't always as focused as we should have been on the oven. We had also intended to also make gingerbread cookies, but we simply ran out of time. I guess we all could have gotten upset over the little snafus that we encountered, but we didn't. We laughed off the failures of the day and enjoyed the successes.

I was able to pack up great mixed boxes of cookies that my husband and older daughter delivered to our neighbors this afternoon.

Just one more day of finding ways to Alleviate Stress and Discover Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment